Tuesday, November 9, 2010

20
Fencing

Alright, so I said I'm gonna post a little something about fencing so here it goes.
I'm fencing for about 10 years now and even though my motivation to go to practice every day is not always the best now days because of school mostly that totally drains me so I have little mood for practice, I still love it.
My main love was football and I still have great passion for the sport but it will never be the same after my mom decided I should not be allowed to play anymore for various reasons when I was about 8 years old...
The sports guy that I am I still had to exercises and running around on the playground just wasn't enough for me so I simply had to try something else, at that time I tried all sorts of sports from climbing and swimming to judo and tennis but I still didn't fell the joy that I did when I was practicing football. After a few months of doing nothing I simply an idea came to me while watching tons of medieval movies where people were always fencing to start training it, so I did. The more I was fencing the more I loved it! So I kept practicing and practicing until I was at the very top and got into the national team! But soon after a few bad marks in school I realized I wont profit much from fencing even if I'd go pro and be the best in the world since our country doesn't give much to our sportsmen and women even the ones that have golden medals and really awesome achievements. So after that I never really gave 100% for sports anymore so I dedicated more time to school, for a better future with a good job and a decent living.
I still managed to stay in the top 3 so I still went to all the important matches including the world and European cups several times :P
Here's a picture of me last year at the junior world cup in Azerbaijan. (I'm the one on the right, fighting against a dude from Latvia)


I don't have many pictures at the moment so this one will have to do for now.

On a different topic, I am trying to draw a dragon like creature which I will hopefully post tomorrow, so expect a new drawn picture tomorrow. =)

20 comments:

TechnoMac said...

man thats amazing!! looks like you made a lot of people proud of you

Larro said...

Man, i gotta take up fencing.

MDW said...

That's pretty tight. I've always wanted to take up fencing, but it's kind of hard to find a good fencing club

Peter said...

yeah clubs are not easy to find everywhere, it depends on where you live really... we had only one mayor club in our country when I started, some are getting better at the moment tho.
Italy, Germany, France have the most and the biggest clubs, they are really popular!

Zoy said...

You must be in great physical shape.
Keep us updated!

Fuuuuuuuu said...

I was really never into fencing, but I like this

T.dot said...

ive always wanted to try this

About Insurance said...

thanks for sharing this

MacPCharmony said...

great, can't wait for an update

TechnoMac said...

oh take more pics next time so you can show us!

I like stuff and things said...

Fencing always looked fun...but, sadly, I've never tried it

Les Payne said...

that's an interesting sport

Saul Goodman said...

nice update

Mr. Knowitall said...

thanks for sharing this

SC2 Strats said...

wow that's really impressive. Awesome blog, you got a new follower!

Lemmiwinks said...

Good post! Looking forward to reading you next one

WoW_Updates said...

Well fencing isn't the sport I do but okay :P
I hope your dragon will be nice ;) keep it up

rominoutozor said...

Nice sport :)

Jim said...

I always wanted to get into fencing. But all the clubs around me are way too expensive. Maybe I'll look into it since it was so fun for you.

Kschindl said...

Is fencing as awesome as it looks?

Post a Comment

 
.::My Artwork of the week::. | © 2010 by peanutz